Tomi Hiltunen

Enthusiastic app developer in Google Go & HTML5

maanantai 18. maaliskuuta 2013

The rebirth of my blog

I finally got around blogging. I created this blog way back in Feb 2012 but haven't since published anything. I had completely forgotten my own blog. I felt that now it's a high time for me to give a new life to my blog.

I will be blogging on my findings and experiences as an enthusiastic app developer and being a startup entrepreneur. Mostly my development related posts will be about my passions: Google Go, HTML5, CSS3 and (OO) JavaScript. I use those techniques on a daily basis as I develop my own apps.

A little about my background

I've been developing apps for roughly eight years now. While developing my own apps, I have worked for small and multi-national organisations on various projects ranging from core-level mobile Linux platform testing to UI development & design.

With one of my ideas I went to the finals of three startup competitions in the early 2012:
  • LeWeb London (top-16 / 600 applicants)
  • GMIC G-startup in Beijing (top-12 / 200 applicants)
  • Kasvu Open where my idea shared the #2 place
I was also with the winning team in the X-MAS hackathon organized in cooperation by Nokia & Microsoft in July 2012.

For about 7-8 years I was developing mainly with PHP. Recently I traded PHP completely for Go, a type-safe compilable language by Google. Ever since I started using Go I was hooked. Now all my apps use Google App Engine + Go combination.

That all said...

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. I'm looking forward for some interesting discussions in the comments!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti